Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Skein Hangin'

Yesterday and today, we've been re-arranging yarns, getting ready for the onslaught of new stuff coming in. This is how some of the skeined yarn is getting displayed. I think it is just great to see it hanging this way. When I had my shop, there wasn't much wall space to speak of, and I always wanted to do it that way. Today we had a bunch of students learning to start up their first felted bags, and also several brand-new sock knitters....all different styles, 5 needles, 2 socks at once on a circular, or 1 sock on 2 circulars. A regular 3-ring circus.

Off to Stitches/Atlanta in the morning! I hope to meet up with several of our customers there, too! A yarn blast will be had, for sure! Have you seen the vest on the cover of Vogue knitting? It's awesome, and done in Blue Sky Alpaca Skinny Cotton, and I am itching to start it, but have too many projects on the needles; i.e.; I can't close my (2) knitting totebags...so I guess that's the limit. Maybe I will get lots of things finished off on the ride to and from Atlanta. Luckily, I don't have to drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment