Sunday, May 31, 2009

Charlene on Track, Heidi Bumped Off Track


Charlene's poncho is coming right along, working on that wonderful (blueberry?) shade of Malabrigo Chunky. She is making the "Everybody's Poncho" from our free patterns page. A gift for somebody special.


In my case, I have frogged the blue Lace & Cables top I was working on. With only 4 (large) balls of Super 10 Cotton, I realized, I couldn't finish without running short. They were from my old shop, so no hope of getting the same dyelot, 1 1/2 years later, even though the Yarn Cottage is now carrying Super 10 (a wonderful yarn to work with, IMHO, and there are approx 250 yds per ball). Starting over was the only option. I am now using a nice cotton/acrylic blend I got at Stitches, and I guess the only good thing is that I have the pattern memorized, finally.


As Sandy and I discussed at the shop yesterday, If you don't wanna rip, don't knit...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment